Friday, May 21, 2010

She's (I'm) No Martha

I'm not afraid to say it. And in this super-public forum:

Even in your fresh-out-of-prison poncho, I loved you, Martha Stewart.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
You're crafty. You're clever. You do neat things with paper mache. You make amazing desserts with impeccable detail and beautiful centerpieces. But there's only one you.

So I won't try to imitate you. Instead, welcome to Life on the V Side - And if you're smooth enough (old enough?) to catch our reference to the "B-Side" of an LP, we'll get along fine. Consider On the V Side the slightly eclectic flip-side to the hit single. Off the beaten path, often the subject of sentences that begin with "What the...?" That's how I roll.

My goal with this bite of the internet universe is to share a little bit of my personal style, my quirky ideas and crafty nonsense, and occassional photos of The Redhead:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Martha can make a house look great with a million-dollar budget and some macrame. That's cool. I'm trying my hand at making a house a home by repurposing, refinishing and reusing. So Martha doesn't live here. Welcome to Life On the V side.

No comments:

Post a Comment