Friday, June 25, 2010

Garage Sale Makeover

Sometimes the tiniest details make all the difference.
I found this at our recent garage sale. My cousin was selling it for a whopping 50 cents! The jar is made of nice, heavy glass, and it's huge! The perfect size to contain all of my ribbon scraps in my craft nook.

Before:
[ignore the gnarly gnawed-on dog bed, please]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

All it took was a quick coat of paint, some new hardware, and it's a whole new jar!
I sprayed a quick 2 coats of Valspar's Flat Black, and took a brass knob that I found at the HforH ReStore and gave it a coat of Rustoleum's Chrome spray paint. [Note: the chrome paint looks great, but don't use too many coats - it gets gummy very easily and subsequently won't dry]


After:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment