Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Instant Style

This time of year you're most likely to hear me complain about the heat a time or two (or ten). Though I'm slightly less vocal about it, I am, however, a fan of the warmer months for one reason: Everything is in bloom! The landscaping around the house perks up and rather than looking like a barren winter wasteland, we start to see some color! Yay!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My peonies are opening up in the garden and I love using them around the house. I think fresh flowers are probably the fastest and easiest way to inject a bit of instant style into any room. I've been popping peonies in small clear glass bud vases (clear glass is always a winner and a classic look) all over the place - the bathroom, the kitchen, the mantle, the living room - and I love the end result, as well as the teeny hint of fragrance in the air.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And I don't care how realistic artificial flowers are these days... there is just no comparison to the real deal.

I love "poofy" flowers like peonies, hydrangea, and dahlias because they have great volume and look awesome in bunches or with just a single stem. I'm also partial to flowers with height, like gladiolas or bells of Ireland because they make it super easy to make a really dramatic statement.

How about you? What are your favorites to decorate with?

No comments:

Post a Comment