Friday, August 27, 2010

Fall Find

OK, so I wouldn't exactly call this a "Goodwill Transformation"... because it pretty much looks the same. Only better. And it's from Goodwill, so that half-counts, I suppose.
Anyway, it's Friday. Let's get to it.
I found this adorable little pedestal at Goodwill for $0.99:


I had lusted after a similar one at Pottery Barn last fall, but never pulled the trigger and kicked myself for it all winter. So I felt like maybe this was the thrifting god's way of showing pity. Either way. I took it and its awesome price tag home with me.
I liked the color, but there were a couple scuffs that needed touching up, and I thought a little bronzer couldn't hurt him. We could all use a little color when the weather turns colder, right?

I whipped out the Oil-Rubbed Bronze paint and I only did one coat. It didn't need two coats, and I really liked how the one coat gave it just a hint of shimmer, not a full-on BRONZE.
I added a handful of mini-pumpkins - these pumpkins are actually picks that I snagged half-off at Hobby Lobby last fall for a Thanksgiving centerpiece. I just yanked the sticks out of the bottom and went on my merry way.
He now sits proudly on my kitchen table, rescued from Goodwill.


(*and for those of you who have asked, the little wire pumpkin sitting next to the pedestal [and also featured next to the painted pumpkin on my mantle] is actually a placecard holder. It came in a set of 4 that I bought last year on clearance from Pier 1. Last year was the 2nd year in a row that they had these little guys, so they may make a return appearance closer to Thanksgiving. If you're interested, keep your eyes peeled! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment