Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Fan of Fall


So it’s nearly the end of August, and I’m not afraid to say it:
I am So. Over. Summer.
I know people who are happiest when the sun is beating down on everything in sight, the grass is burnt and the humidity of an Iowa summer gives you what I call the “Instant Sweat”. These people are called teachers. ;) And, for the record, crazy.

You can probably guess that I’m not one of those people [teacher or otherwise]. Don’t know if it was the red hair and pasty Irish skin, or my penchant for a gnarly sunburn that gave it away. I’m a Fan of Fall all the way – Football, warm, cozy colors, leaves burning, crisp, clear air and nights tucked in around a fire pit. That’s what I’m talking about, people.

So, this weekend I said to heck with you, Summer, I’m tired of sweating. Consider this my version of a Rain Dance, inviting Fall to blow into my neighborhood and give me some snuggly sleeping weather.





It’s just a touch, here and there. I’ll save FULL-ON FALL until at least September (hee). But until then I’m totally burning a cinnamon Yankee candle. Just try and stop me.




OK. So…… Fall? The temperature outside right now is 88 degrees. I’m waiting…

And PS for what it’s worth, I do love teachers. In fact, I married one. :)



Linking up with inspired room

6 comments:

  1. i am so there with you! sooo over summer. although, we are still having HOT temps, but not nearly like we were.
    love the white pumpkins in your hurricane.
    where did you find the white minis? LOVE.

    visiting from thrifty decor party.

    you are so ahead of the game. i linked up a last year's post.

    have a great day!
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellie!

    The little white pumpkins are from Hobby Lobby - they're actually picks. I bought them last year, but I'm fairly certain they're there again this year.. and if they're not on sale, just wait - it's Hobby Lobby so you know they will be! :) I just pulled out the sticks from the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you...fall can never come fast enough for me in AZ. I went shopping with my daughter today...looking for some craft supplies to finish a couple of FALL projects and we where so hot and sweaty by the time we finished walking around the outdoor shopping area. It was only 100 degress today! Cute ideas and decor...come stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! And, today is officially Sept so bring on the full fall decor :) Love the white mini pumpkins...can almost smell the cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you! love the white pumpkins in the hurricane vase! I'm itching to decorate in the next couple of weeks to..

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute, I pulled out some fall stuff and my kids thought I was nuts :).

    ReplyDelete