Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Painted Pumpkin


As I was pulling out the fall decor over the weekend, I uncovered a couple of tres cute pumpkins that I bought a couple years ago at Pier 1 and promptly forgot about. One is a deep, glossy plum with brown accents and a cute twisty stem. He found the perfect home in my buffet:


The other littly guy had a nice shape, but I wasn't feeling the color. I remember that when I bought it, I didn't think it was the prettiest shade of brown [I'm not gonna lie... I've seen the same hue inside one or two of The Redhead's diapers], but there is a candle inside that smells divine. Add that factor to the amazing clearance price -UNDER $2, PEOPLE! - and little brown pumpkin came home with me.


This weekend, he got a makeover. I can't even show you progress pictures because all it took was two quick coats of gloss Navajo White and instead of reminding me of poo, he's now an Autumn Star on my fall mantle:


He has a brother-from-another-mother who was spared the spraypaint because he's already bronze. He's cute, too:


Happy Painting!

Linking up with Thrifty Decor Chick's Fall Inspiration Party

3 comments:

  1. Love the coffee beans in your hurricanes. What a fantastic idea! The coffee is a natural room deodorant and cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammi! I try and change up the beans every now and again - I love getting a whiff of Hazelnut or French Vanilla when I walk by! :)

    ReplyDelete