Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finishing a Fall Tablescape

A little while back I showed you this Goodwill pedestal that was making its home with some miniature white pumpkins on my kitchen table. I loved the look… but it didn’t feel “finished”. I think it was the size. Our table is actually on the smaller side, but the pedestal just wasn’t enough. As luck would have it, a recent thrifting trip yielded just the thing.

I found these awesome rustic candle holders at Goodwill.

I honed right in on them because I thought they resembled candles holders that I had seen and really liked at Pottery Barn a couple years ago but had never bought. They really looked like the PB ones, too. And with good reason:


Sweet!


$2.99 for the SET?!?
Even sweeter!

They were in perfect shape and I practically danced out of the store. I knew exactly where they would go.

The color and shape went perfectly with my pedestal o’pumpkins, so I didn’t bother touching them up.
(Quit being shocked that I didn’t monkey with something. It happens. Occasionally. ;) )

I found two candles down in the D├ęcor Dungeon (aka The Basement) that were similar color and height, but they were different scents and textures. You can’t really tell the difference in the picture, but trust me. 
It's totally there, staring at me.

When I set them out, I could see the subtle differences and I knew it would bug me. PLUS, the whole thing was just dying for some layers/texture.

I’ve been on a burlap kick this fall and had a bunch left over, so I threw some of that around the candles, added a woven placemat, a dollar store leaf for a pop of color and some twine, and I think we’ve “fall’d up” my kitchen table. :) So far I am enjoying the rustic, neutral look.


Happy Tablescaping!

13 comments:

  1. What a find!!! I'd have been dancing, too! I love the black & white look. The pumpkin pedestal is fabulous... I'm going to have to try something like that. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love what you did with the little gourds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love GW but so far I haven't found anything PB, lucky you! Your table looks great I love the twine around the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh nice Score. I would have been giddy! It looks so lovely!
    LOVE the use of white pumpkins!! Im such a fan.
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, what a steal! The tablescape looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find - I was so worried you were going to paint them or change them! I love them the way they are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The burlap adds a sense of coziness (for some odd reason). It feels very fall-ish.
    I'd love to have you link up to my Friday link party and join my giveaway for a FREE blog banner! http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/09/its-giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THAT was an AMAZING find! Wow! Thanks for sharing on Thrilling Thursday!

    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clean, classic, simple, white..what more could you ask for? Love.
    We would love for you to put a link to the party. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great score at the GW! The subtle changes you made definitely make a big impact. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great display! Adding the burlap and the placemat is a great way to add some texture and dimension to it. And the little white pumpkins are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your awesome finds, whoohoo!!! They look great with your pumpkins and you are too funny, "Decor Dungeon"!!! Your table looks great, it's a wonderful mix of heights, textures, and interesting objects to look at. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!

    ReplyDelete