Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Less is More for Miss L.

Meet my niece, The Divine Miss L.:


Miss L. is funny.

The Redhead loves Miss L.

Miss L has a fun, girly bedroom because Miss L is girly and fun.

But, Miss L needs some wall d├ęcor. Her mother (Cool Sister) said "I’m handing this off to you. Go do... what you do, m’kay?”

SO, we started with the area over her bed. She has these cool green walls that pop color without making your head explode. And her bedding coordinates perfectly.
(I took these pictures on a rainy day with little natural light, because I am awesome.  So.... sorry about the low lighting.  But the room is still way cute - trust me)


She has this great quilt from PB kids that suits Miss L to a T.  It's pretty busy, though (like Miss L), so that means that anything we do on the walls needs to complement that pattern, not fight with it or distract from it.

I found an open-backed frame that mimicked the lines of her great headboard. 

It was a distressed white, though, and had a more shabby chic vibe going on, which isn't what I was going for.  So, I gave it a couple coats of a nice gloss white to even it out and match her existing furniture.

I went for this basic "L" at Hobby Lobby (I prefer this classic font over more kitschy, girly or bubbly fonts, but that's just me.  A 50% off sale doesn't hurt, either. ;) )



A couple strokes of a fun bubblegum pink courtesy of our friends at Rustoleum to cover the letter, and
within a weekend, Miss L. had a simple but chic feature wall with her name written all over it!  Or at least, her initial.





That's just one wall, people - we've got 1 1/2 more to go!  Stay tuned for more from her room, and another cameo or two from Miss L, if you're lucky :)

Cheers!

Linking to:














Katie's Nesting Spot

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Great use of the frame. Even with no background, it has such a huge impact

    ~Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the monogram frame above the headboard. The pics are DARLING too! Thanks for sharing your “creative mojo” with me on Thrilling Thursday. I hope you will be back again soon :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another great link at A Crafty Soiree! I agree that with the bedspread a simple wall decoration right above it is best. It's very classic to go with a monogram. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea. I have a Miss M here who would love this!

    ReplyDelete