Monday, November 22, 2010

Another Use for Baby Food Jars

Still looking for something to do with all those empty baby food jars?

How about another $0 centerpiece...
..that you can use year-round!

I took some basic elements:
a natural fiber placemat, and a simple white tray.
To make it "fall",
I added acorns from my parents' backyard,
some rocks,
and trimmings from the boxwoods in our front landscaping.



Easy-Peasy, yep yep


This can easily go from fall to winter/Christmas by subbing miniature ornaments, pinecones, cranberries or peppermint candies for the acorns and rocks.  Add a festive ribbon around the jars if you're so inclined, or swap out the boxwood for evergreen.



This spring, use small trimmings from budding trees, or plant a fat peony or hydrangea in the jars and leave the tray plain.

365 days of a cute kitchen table and not spending a dime is right up my alley. :)

Cheers,

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I still have a ton of baby food jars, and the FREE is calling my name! Your centerpiece is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily, Looks great!
    So fresh...
    Malia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are beautiful!! I am a new follower :)

    Come visit me at http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! I LOVE the idea of free table decor too! Thanks for sharing another great idea on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

    ReplyDelete