Tuesday, December 7, 2010

O Christmas Tree

For lack of a finished "project" today, I'm bringing you the Tree O' the Family V:


And I'd like to say that I took these pictures at night because I wanted to capture that warm, rustic feeling of our sparkly, warm and rustic tree.... but that's a lie. 
It's when I had time to take pictures because The Redhead was
 finally in bed, singing herself to sleep
(side note: hearing "La La La Elmo's Werrld" over the baby monitor for 20 minutes is cute, but gets really, really old)

In years past I've always gone the silver and gold route.  And it was pretty.  But last year as I looked at our tree, it felt a little...... brassy.  So this year I wanted to keep the metallic elements, but dial it back a little and incorporate a few more natural elements for balance.

So instead of shiny silver embellishments, I added mercury glass.

Instead of last year's gold beaded picks, I added cut-glass.
(it's hard to see here but I love how these glass ornaments catch the light and sparkle!)


I kept my woven star garland, but added texture with this
burlap ribbon - for me it added instant warmth.



Woven grapevine stars complete the look and add a natural element.

It's hard to tell from this picture, but our lighted star atop the tree is the same kind of woven grapevine as the star ornaments above.

Sigh.
A little vintage, a little rustic, and a lot of love in this here tree.

 Cheers,




2 comments:

  1. such a cute tree!!! love the vintage touches.... visiting from tdc. merry christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!! Im your newest follower/friend! I.LOVE.THIS.TREE!!!!!! So Simple and GORGEOUS!!! I love your blog too! So enjoying! I would LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it if you came and linked up this BEAUTY of a tree at my christmas linkey! If you like...I would love to hve you as my new Friend/follow :) LINK UP THIS TREE! I Love it.. :)

    *ENTER LINKY PARTY Here *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete