Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lovely Little Thorn in My Side..

So there's this chair in my garage.  And I can't for the life of me find a full-body shot of her.
I think I deleted it by accident.  And I'm not surprised, given my history of frustration with her.
But she looks like this:

We'll call her Harpy.
And I love this chair. 
She is pretty.
She is classic.
She is timeless.
She has great potential.
And she is the biggest pain in my kiester.

She was a $9 fabulous thrift store find.

She had beautiful lines, but you can see she needed help:


But I got her in my pre-dremel days, and I also, apparently, didn't follow my own advice.
I barely sanded her.
I didn't clean as well as I should have before diving right into paint.

That's why this happened

And then this



So I got irritated and left her for a while.
And painted other stuff.
Oh, I didn't mention that I left her uncovered?  Because I did.
SO, she caught some overspray.  AWESOME.
:::sigh:::

But spring is in the air, my friends.  And with spring comes new beginnings.
So I'm getting back to work.
And that work starts with my friend, Citristrip


You know, undoing all the mistreatment of poor Harpy, and getting her cleaned up and back to her rightful, smooth, finish-less self.
Then I'll sand her a little more.
Clean her real good.
And give her a nice new seat.

And then I'll give you a proper introduction to the prettiest little thorn in my side that you ever did see. :)



Cheers,

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all done! Harpy....love her name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. waiting for the finished product...in the meantime, i would love for you to link this to my 'fridays unfolded' linky @ http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2011/02/fridays-unfolded-7.html

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of those chairs sitting in my garage--I picked her up at a garage sale for $4. After I agreed to buy it, the previous owner told me it was the timeout chair she used for her children...now I feel like the chair is tainted. LOL! It has sat in my garage for 1.5 years because of that (well that and my laziness, I suppose!)

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no doubt that you will have her beautiful in no time. Thanks for sharing the brand of stripping gel you use. I'll have to look for it.

    I'm a new follower from Design it Chic. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
    http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chair. I wish I could find finds like that. Hopping in from a hop. Love if you have time to stop by as well.

    http://giveawawayblogdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not wait to see how she turns out. I found you on Boost My Blog and I am now a new follwer.

    ReplyDelete