Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March: Three Things Under $30

There are lots of things I'm loving lately,
and if you've got the itch to update for spring,
[and it SNOWED here yesterday, BTW.  Yeah.  So think spring!]
here are
three of my current faves that you can find [new] for $30 or less.


This starburst mirror had me at "hello."
It's a fun way to add a little texture to this otherwise nekkid
wall over my made-over dresser.

($24.99 at Target)

This recycled glass bottleneck vase nearly lept off the shelf
and screamed "TAKE ME HOME!" on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby.
Or, at least that's what I told Mr.V.
But really, at just $4 how could I have justified NOT bringing it home?

(and for the love of Pete, please ignore the giant woofer behind it.  Bad photography, Emily!)

These curtain panels are my latest love.

I love the gauzey white, and this simple stitching detail across the top gives a little "pop" of interest without being distracting. 

They are also great quality and actually weightier than they look.
They're great for privacy while still letting the light in, which is why I chose them
for the windows in our basement.

We'll eventually add wood blinds to these windows, but for now the panels do a great job of
providing fashion and function.

In a world where a single drape will easily run you $60 and up, at $29 a panel I consider
these a real deal.
You can find them in white or a few other colors at Pier 1 Imports.

Beauty doesn't have to cost Big Bucks :)


Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment