Friday, April 22, 2011

Basement (sort of) Reveal!


OK guys.  Let me preface this post with a disclaimer:
I still have lots to work on in this basement.
We still have a backsplash to install.
The walls are currently bare.
The playroom is just a room with toys shoved in it so that will be a future project.
The bathroom is still without a shower door, built-in shelves, fixtures like a towel ring and bar.

But I'm tired of waiting and it's my blog so I'm gonna show you what we've done anyway. :)

For fun, we'll start with the "befores".  You know, just for the fanfare of it all :)

Basement Way Before:


During:


Annnnnd......AFTER:
(Hey man, there is a boatload of pictures coming up.  So just...prepare yourself.)



Mr.V's obnoxious pride and joy:
(I'll be honest though - it was supadupa-fly for March Madness. :) )

Does that seating group look familiar?
It's a YAY-YAY-YAY moment for me that's coming up in its own future post :)

Pillow covers:
Khaki tonal stripe: Pottery Barn
Chevron stripe + Brown rosette: Moi.  Meaning me.  I did those.  (Huzzah!)  :)
 

Big khaki pillows: Target
Turquoise weave pillow cover: Pottery Barn
Chevron + Brown rosette covers:  Oops, I did it again :)

Bar.
Wine fridge is totally in use, BTW.   
Test-driven and fully functional :)
We haven't gotten to the backsplash yet, so it's currently just leaning up against the wall.


It looks saucy in the recessed under-cabinet lighting Mr.V. installed.
It's a specialty tile, rather heavy and thicker than most.  So we're taking our time on the install - researching technique, etc. - to make sure we get it right.

The granite on the counter is Venetian Gold.
Cool sister has the same stuff in her kitchen and I like to copy her.
It's kind of a hobby of mine.

I am currently dating this tile, I love it so much.
::smooch::

So that's the big reveal!
After close to a year of power tools, paint and sweat equity, it's [basically] finished!
I didn't show you the bathroom or the playroom because they're pretty much all "move along, move along, nothing to see here".  But rest assured they're on the to-do list and will be making appearances in the future as I try to tackle those rooms.

This is by far the biggest project we've taken on to date, and I just wanted to say thanks for all your encouragement along the way - it's been awesome!

Cheers,

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks great. I only hope I can renovate my house like this one day. This is one of those projects that you apprciate more when you do it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great space! I love the neutral colors!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sooo beautiful!! I love that burlap and rossette pillow. gorgeous!!

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Girlish Whims! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-4-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created a stylish and comfy looking basement. It is gorgeous tile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I have that same countertop in my basement too! Now I know what backsplash would look good! ;)

    Lesley
    not2shabbycrafts@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love that backsplash around your bar area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fabulous! Love your built ins and your cute pillows!! Enjoy your new space.

    ReplyDelete