Friday, May 6, 2011

Placemat Pillow

I found these great pleated placemats on clearance at Pier 1 for $1 each.


I totally love this detailing!

I bought 4, intending to sew them together to make 2 pillows.
I realize I'm not the first person to think of putting together placemats as pillows or pillow covers,
but I'll be honest, that day I 100% thought of myself as a genius. 
GEN-IUS.

And then I read Allison's post on her Placemat Pillows.  And I realized I probably needed to
tone down the swagger juuuuust a bit, because *her* idea was way better than mine:
with 2-ply placemats, instead of sewing 2 together to make one pillow, just rip a seam between the 2 layers, stuff it, then sew it shut!  So I could make 4 pillows instead of just 2. 
See?  She's a smart one.

Sooooo, that's just what I did:

I opened up a [fist-sized] hole on one of the side seams

Stuffed it full of poly-fill


And closed it up.


Pillows for less than $3 each!


Cheers,

5 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I love this! I am your newest follower from Boost Your Blog Fridays and am enjoying your blog very much!

    Cheers,
    Jeanette

    http://jeanette-myownfourcorners.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pillows! I have 2 place mats I bought last year with the idea of using them for something, now I know ;)
    This Tuesday I am hosting my weekly linky party called “20 minute Tuesdays”. It’s for projects that cost less than $10 and take 20-30 minutes. This project would be perfect! Would you consider linking up on Tuesday? http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com
    PS: I have 30 spots left to receive a free button pony tailer! Check out the details here: http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com/p/may-winners.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kind of pillows! I never find any cute placemats! :(
    great job! your pillows are really pretty.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you made some of these! They look great. And thanks for linking back to me! :)

    ReplyDelete