Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring Cleaning

It finally feels like Spring!

It takes a little bit of sunshine to really get me in the mood to deep clean, but whatever works.


The Redhead "helped" Mr. V. vacuum 


Quitter.


And I gave some new cleaning products a try.

When I had the opportunity to join Shaklee for free, I hopped on it. 
I figured this would be my chance to try the line of eco-friendly wonder-products I've been hearing
so much about. 
Because I'll be honest, without Billy Mays telling me what cleaning products to buy


I've been a little lost.

So when I read a little about the Shaklee Corporation, the safety of their products for 
kids and animals, as well as for the earth, I thought it was at least worth a try.
You won't find me out sqeezing trees in the afternoons or anything,
but I like to give Mama Earth a hand when I can. 

First up in the batter's box was the Scour Off:
With its pretty pink color and fruity-bubblegum smell, I figured if it wouldn't clean my oven,
I could at least eat it.  (OK, not really, but it oddly looked yummy).

This is what my oven looks like from the outside.

But no one would know that on the inside is one of the most embarrassing secrets in our house:
(Mom, avert your eyes.  No seriously.)

I KNOW.
I don't like using oven cleaners, because the chemicals are way, WAY too harsh.
And I just hate using the self-cleaning feature because it smells fumey and makes me
nervous, like the oven is going to explode. (strange phobia, I agree).
AND it takes like 2 hours.  No thanks.

Oh yeah, the inside of the window is gnarly, too.

So I got to work with low expectations, and soaped up the inside of the oven according to the Scour Off directions. 

With just minimal elbow grease and 3 minutes of my time, I was seriously amazed
at the results:



So far, so good.

The Scour Off was a big WIN in our house. 
I also tried it on our shower stall floor in the master bathroom, and it cleaned like a dream.
I'm a fan.

To keep this post from being 9 miles long, I've broken up the "Shaklee Experience" into 2 parts.
This is the happy one.
Tomorrow's isn't all puppies and rainbows, but I'm honest like that.
In the meantime, I'll be in the kitchen, huffing
the yummy Scour Off smell in my oven. :)

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That stuff looks like it rocks!! Do you have a direct link to the product?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go, Stephanie:
    http://donahuewellness.myshaklee.com/us/en/products.php?sku=00430

    (You'll probably have to cut and paste the link, rather than click on it)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete