Friday, June 17, 2011

For the Green Door Girl

I'm a little hard-headed sometimes.
But eventually I come around. 
So... I finally came around.

I've posted about a little "something missing" from my Giant Mantle of Doom a couple different times.

And each time I ask for suggestions, the lovely Jenn at Green Door Designs tells me I need something in between the square windows.

I know she's right, but I've procrastinated.
Well Jenn, this one's for you. :)

As I was moving some accessories around for summer, I took this glass hurricane and propped it up on some books and added a candle.


I liked how the fluted rim mimicked the fluted rim of my big footed hurricane over there on the right, so I fished out his twin from the basement and added some more books.

(Sorry for the bad pic here)
Yes, Jenn, you were right.  :) 
 I like having something there to not only visually break up the windows, but also to add another layer of texture and some depth.


So, thanks Jenn!
If you wanna see what other good ideas she's puttin' out into the blogosphere,
you can show Jenn some love right here.

Happy Friday!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment