Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One of These Things is Not Like the Other...


OK.
Last week I posted the tutorial for how I created a gallery wall in our office.

Well I still love it, but one thing keeps catching my eye and I'm wondering if I should change it.

Can you guess what it is?


[and no, it's not that one photo is in color and the rest are in black and white.  That's another story altogether, and I'm working on that.  So in *addition* to that.. :)]


This little oval mirror keeps creeping into my brain. 
I love the shape and the size.  I like it in its current position.
It's the color. 
Does the cream look weird?

What say you?
I wanted something other than black because that would be too much black, I think.
But now I'm second-guessing myself.
Am I better off with a muted metallic?
Is this call for a big pop of color?
Should I glaze over the current color just to tone it down?
Oh, the decisions, decisions that keep me up at night... 
Once I figure out the answer to this dilemma, I'll get cracking on world peace, I promise.  ;)

Help, please!
What do you think?

Cheers,


5 comments:

  1. My opininated eye says it's too low on the wall and outa place. The color, shape and size are not the issue. May I suggest turn it sideways and put it inplace of the *V*, then bring the *V* right to where the dog silhouette is, then lower the silhouette to the mirrors original location. The 2 silhouettes should then squarely frame the corners of the display and the 2 round pieces play off each other thru the middle section.
    Hope you understand, and hope it helps.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like it where it is & the color, but of course, you have to live with it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of turning it sideways, but maybe just put it between the 2 silhouetts, that way you don't have 2 mirros side-by-side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great blog! I am visiting from the Boost My Blog Friday! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! thanks so much!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks nice, but I completely agree with driftwooddesign' suggestion. As soon as I saw it that's what I thought. I'm working on a wall similar to this, I'm still looking for the perfect 'B.' I may just embroider it!

    ReplyDelete