Monday, August 8, 2011

A Coat of Coastal Charm

Dude, you knew I was going to do it.


It started when I posted pictures of this console table, while I was adding summer accents to my living room.
Something was bugging me.

Love it!
But something still wasn't quiiiiite right.
So I stared at this picture.  And stared at it.
AHA!
Mr. V. went out of town for a weekend and I commandeered the kitchen.
A good scrubbing, a good primer and a couple coats of paint later, and

YES!!
Finally!

The paint is a custom mix from Sherwin Williams, but it's awful close to SW Navajo White.
Sigh.  I'm so happy with it.
I didn't change a thing with the hardware, but I love how the new color plays up the rubbed pewter in the pulls.


For fun and good measure, I lined the drawers with fabric.
(this fabric is actually from a couple placemats I bought on deep clearance at Pier 1 a few years ago and just trimmed to fit).


For fun, let's take another look at that before and after, yeah?

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Oh, YES.  :)

The great paint change-up was exactly the missing piece I was looking for - it feels like the perfect touch of coastal charm.
Cheers,







Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Yes, you found the missing piece, congrats, I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... the painted table looks a lot better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love it! the color is awesome and the drawer liners are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just fits better. Looks great and really brightens the space up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE the finished project. I love white paint! I'd love if you joined us over at Sew Woodsy to link up this project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing how much a simple coat of paint can transform furniture! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect now-love the change-I'm your newest follower-stop over to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so beautiful now! Paint can do amazing things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just PERFECT!!

    Deborah, visiting from
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete