Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bookworm Birds & Have You Seen My Mojo?



Hello?  Helloooooooo?  Excuse me, but have you seen my mojo?
I seem to have misplaced it.

For real, people.  I've been on a bit of a hiatus lately.  Busy work, busy at home, and this old gal is TIRED.  No joke, I was in bed with the lights out before 8:00 last night.  I rule.

But right here, right now, I'm back. 
I found these little birdies at Hobby Lobby on sale for about a buck and a quarter. 
Their big feet made me smile, but the swirly wire wings and creepy yellow eyes just weren't doin' it for me. 
But they were so cheap, and their overall shape was good and simple; I knew I could figure something out.


I started by taking off those wings (I just kept bending the wire until they snapped). 
From there, I didn't even bother painting them. I just used the same technique as I did here, with my Anthropologie-Inspired Pears (even used pages from the same old book, haha)
and gave my birds the book-treatment to update their look and make them a little less "Halloween" and a little more "year round cute".


But I kept their big feet page-free because they still do make me smile. :)

So, it appears I still have the urge to cover the earth in book pages. 
Who knew? :)
Cheers,


13 comments:

  1. i LOVE these. i need to find me some birds....or perhaps i'll just start covering anything at hand in print?!?!
    these are gorgeous.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is what I want to do: I want to go shopping with you so you can show me all of the potential in all of the weird stuff that's out there. Coming to Chicago anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with these! I'm a new follower. I hope you'll stop by!

    http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These birds are so cute! We must be on the same wavelength...I have been linking up Dollar Store pumpkins that I covered with pages from a book! The possibilities are endless. Visiting from A Little Knick Knack. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I came over from Running With Glitter to say hi. Your birds are sooo cute!
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so great. I am going to attempt to make something similar. My favorite projects always use books pages and words in unexpected place. Thanks for the inspiration!


    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking

    A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable! I love those feet too! I don't see things like this-things that "can" be!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute now! Good thinking. Those feet make me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really great! I wouldn't have thought of transforming something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love these cute little birds! I loved them so much I featured them on my blog today. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete