Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's Finished!


It's been months since we finished the basement , but we've just now "officially" put the last big piece in place!

The backsplash is Dun-zo.  WOOT!

Considering it's his, oh, THIRD tile job ever (um, the tiles on the floor in front of the bar were #1.. the basement bathroom was #2...) I think Mr. V. did a great job!!
I still have to pick up stone switch and outlet covers, but seeing this finished wall warms my cold and cynical heart.
We chose a tumbled natural marble that I just love.  It has a great neutral color making it a perfect base, and it coordinates nicely with the dark cabinetry and granite countertop.


We chose to extend the tile all the way to the door frame and up and down that entire wall for several reasons:

1) The tile itself is about 3/4 of an inch thick, so we would have had to have added trim to the edge to finish it off.  Since the tile it so thick, our options were really limited.
2) When we had the tile lined up with the cabinets, it created a "stripe" effect with the small strip of painted wall that looked weird. 

3) Ultimately, finishing trim looked tacky.

4) My Mom suggested we extend the tile all the way out and we don't mess with my momma :)



I'm really happy with how it turned out!  It gives an added touch of texture to that wall that I love.
So.. the [kind of ] Before:


And now After:



LOVE! 


Cheers,

 

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! I love how you did the whole wall and not just the official backsplash. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete