Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tissue Pom-Pom Tutorial

Tissue pom poms are a super-duper easy and inexpensive way to add a punch of color and decoration to any party.
I made some for a couple baby showers I helped throw recently, and you can, too. 
I made 6 of these during one episode of The Office, so you know they're fast and easy! :)


Here's how:

Cut your tissue paper to whatever size you like. 

Stack 8 sheets of tissue paper on top of each other, then make 1 1/2-inch accordian folds, creasing as you go.
via
Once you have it folded, cut the ends.  I chose to round them, but pointed ends also make for an impactful end result.


Pinch the center of the folds, and
secure the center of the band with floral wire.
[This wire is also what you'll attach your hanging ribbon/wire/line to if you plan to hang your poms.]




Next, fan out the sides. 

The final step is just to carefully seperate [it's tissue paper, after all! :) ] each of the individual layers to 'puff out' the pom pom.

Hang 'em up, and prepare for cuteness. :)
(I forgot to take "after" pictures of the poms I made for my co-worker's baby shower, but I used the exact same technique for these poms that I used for my niece's shower this weekend.  Easy and cute!)



Cheers,

3 comments:

  1. Every time I see these I laugh. When I got married -- 36 years ago -- we made these by the dozens for decorations. The difference is we made them from tissues...as in Kleenex. I must admit the tissue PAPER ones are a class above and I'm loving them. Love how you scalloped the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun flowers! I love making these for decorations.
    gail

    ReplyDelete