It's the time of year we all get the "Itch".
You know what I'm talking about - that "January Itch" - after the abundance of the holidays is packed away, we are craving simplicity, organization, cleanliness. Fresh starts. Do-Overs. We are ready to attack projects that have sat, stalled or not even started, for far too long.
Well, I've got that itch.
I don't really "do" resolutions for the New Year, but if you know me in real life you know I am a list.making.machine.
And I like to have goals.
So now's as good a time as any.
This year I broke down my 2012 goals for our home into "The Realistic" list and the "In-Your-Dreams-You'll-Accomplish-That-With-A-Newborn" list.
Because let's just say, people, that I know how I function on little sleep. And it's not great. :)
So, here we go:
THE REALISTIC LIST
Our Downstairs Bathroom
Without going into a giant rant about our builder, let's just say this little half-bath off our kitchen is a thorn.in.my.side.
And of course, because I hate it, it's naturally the most-used bathroom in the house.
Here's what I want to do:
- Replace vanity top and faucet (both are builder-standards we planned on replacing since we built the house, but couldn't decide what we wanted. Now, the builder's corner-cutting is more than I can take, so that's outta here)
- Restain vanity base - it's sturdy, quality oak and the storage space really can't be beat.
- Replace fixtures (towel ring, bar on back wall that you can't see, TP holder)
- Paint trim
(oh, is that all? ;) )
-Add hardware to kitchen cabinets
- Daydream about refacing cabinetry.
This poor room just needs a little bit of everything. I wish I had about 20 more square feet to turn this into an actual mudroom, but you work with what you've got, right?
Sigh. Wouldn't this be nice?
- Maintainable Storage/Organization for the parade of shoes and flip flops that come in from the garage and get dumped in the middle of the entry to the bathroom. [Mr. V., I'm looking in your general direction here...]
- Move/better organize dog food storage
- Likely move dog bowls elsewhere
-Improve organization on wire shelving above washer/dryer
The Redhead's Bathroom
(This is a super old pic, but sadly, things haven't changed all that much since it was taken, just different accessories...Boo.)
- Paint walls
- Paint vanity
- Paint Trim
I'm not going to show you a picture of this today because it's THAT embarrassing. Let's just say we're grateful that it has a door. That we can shut. So we can avoid looking at it.
- For the love of God just clean an organize it. And keep it that way. Right now we just refer to it as "The S&^%box" Nice, huh?
This would work for me...
THE "YOU'RE HIGH IF YOU THINK I'LL ACCOMPLISH THIS WITH A NEW BABY" LIST
- Make over Master Bath
- Update Master Bedroom
- New Flooring in The Redhead's Bathroom
- Patio off the deck + additional backyard landscaping
- The Redhead's Playroom
- Guest Room Updates
Yeah.... just a simple little list, right? HA HA.
Come see me in December... we'll talk about progress. OY :)