Monday, March 5, 2012

My Favorite Flea

...Flea Market, that is.

Recently I was out and about and had a chance to duck into my very favorite local flea market.  It had been a busy week, and sometimes a little huntin' is good for the soul, you know what I mean?
This shop is adorable, and located smack dab in the heart of a cozy, eclectic and vibrant part of historic Des Moines.

These guys focus on architectural salvage and unique pieces, vs. random knicknacks like a lot of flea markets do, so their prices aren't as rock bottom as those other places.
But the eye candy is incredible.
When I came in the door, I was immediately drawn to this exposed wall full of ornate vintage frames.
I actually like how they're displayed, but they're just screaming for a grouping on
a bold wall somewhere.



Vintage apothecary jars with the original labels in-tact!
So cool.
Anyone else loving that industrial fan in the background like I am?

I love vintage suitcases and am still kicking myself for not bringing one of these guys home with me.
I think a stack of them would make a great nightstand or chair-side table. 
Blerg.

Cool stencils...

Something about these old BINGO cards kept me coming back to look at them more than once.
I feel like they are a project dying to happen...  coasters?  Some sort of fun and cool custom art?  I don't know, but I like 'em.

Disclaimer: I am a sucky bowler.  But this vintage pin leaped into my hand and somehow made it home with me.  I have no idea how, but I love every bit of him and his perfectly distressed-with-age finish.
Love.

Where's your favorite spot for vintage finds?
And can I come?  :)


Cheers,


Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! Nothing like a good thrifted find. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete