Monday, May 21, 2012

V Side Favorites: Just a Girl

Happy Monday Gang!  
Today I am so, SO excited to share with you one of my favorite blogs/bloggers - Chris, from Just a Girl!  
I haven't the faintest idea how I first came across Chris' blog a few years ago, but what I do know is that I was blown away by her talent and taste!  
And, if you check out her furry friend Maximus (or "Nemesis," as she refers to him) you'll see another reason why I think we're kindred spirits. :)
Enjoy!

Hello On the V Side readers! I’m Chris from Just a Girl, and I’m pretty darn excited to be guest posting today! I just hope it’s worthy of Emily’s readers!

I recently decorated 96 square feet of shelving/storage in my craft room. I received quite a few questions about how I filled it or if I spent a log of money doing it. I’m here to let you in on my little (read: cheap) secret. I shopped the house. A lot. Here it is finished--

Ikea bookcase

And here’s what people don’t realize went into this space--

billy bookcase

Over half of what you see on those shelves didn’t look like that originally! Cool, eh? I knew I wanted the same tones throughout the shelving (since I don’t do well with cluttered looks), and the only way I could do that and not spend money is to either cover it with fabric or spray paint it.
glass jars
A little too bronze. Rub N Buff to the rescue!
Rub n buff antique gold damask storage box
Not gonna lie—had a hard time covering this one. So pretty, no?
fabric covered box
It’s pretty amazing how much money you can save if you just use a little innovation! It’ll take a little more time, perhaps, but the transformation was definitely worth the financial savings. I was able to go from this…

built in bookcase

to this with a couple cans of paint and a yard of fabric. Not. bad.

Ikea bookcases

I hope I’ve “inspired” you to shop your house before shopping the stores! It can be more fun, and it’s certainly less expensive!
Thank you, Emily, for letting me be here today!


This styling is just one small sample of what she can do.  Be sure to stop by Just a Girl and show her some love!
Thank you so much for stopping by, Chris!


Cheers,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment