Monday, June 4, 2012

V Side Favorites: Take the Side Street

Hey there!  
Today I'm introducing you to another of my favorite bloggers... Anna from Take the Side Street!
I found Anna's blog quite by happy accident:
A long time ago, on a blog entry far, far away, Anna left a comment on one of my posts here On the V Side.  Her comment was funny and I could see in her picture she was a redhead like me (what's not to love about redheads?:) ) so I clicked over to her blog and loved every bit of it.
And I've been stalking her ever since.

I'm certain you've seen a few of her creations making the rounds on Pinterest, because some of them will blow. your. mind.  For reals. 
 Enjoy!


Hey, y'all! My name is Anna, and I write in a little corner of the web called Take the Side Street. Oh, and I'm not from the South, I just like to say y'all. It's a good word. Here's what it looks like:
And here's what I look like:
First off, a big thank you (and congratulations, squee!) to Emily for inviting me here to say hello to her fabulous readers while she takes some much deserved time to be with family, especially her new little squishy lump of baby sugar who undoubtedly smells suspiciously of Heaven.
 Me, baby hungry? Nah. Okay, maybe just a little.
 I was very flattered when Emily asked me to write a guest post, and naturally I agreed right away. Plus, she said something about campfires and singing. And I am not afraid of a little Karaoke. But first, will there be liquid courage involved? Because I lied, and I am sort of afraid of Karaoke.  

Here's what you need to know about me:
I am a regular girl who is allergic to taking herself too seriously, and who likes to make lists and ramble on. I have a wonderful, good-natured husband and two of the sweetest young boys ever. I'm addicted to decorating my little home, and I love a good DIY project.
The above referenced good-natured husband doesn't always understand or condone my deep-seated love of knocking holes into walls, but luckily for me he understands that I am almost always right... I think that's an important quality in a husband! I believe you can never have too many shoes or books, I have zero self control around doughnuts, I hate folding laundry and cleaning floors, and for our most recent wedding anniversary my husband and I bought five baby chicks... because we're insane, and nothing says "I love you" quite like poultry.
 Here are a few of the projects I've tackled...

IKEA Nightstand Makeover
   

Boys' Room Makeover
  

Rustic Chic Centerpiece

Painted & Styled Shelves

DIY Sofa Table Plans
I'd love to have you hop over to see me at Take the Side Street, have a look around, and even become my BIBFF (Best Internet Bloggy Friend Forever). Just you wait, that one's going to catch on.
Thanks again for having me, Emily! 



See?  I told you she was talented!  
And funny!
AND SHE HAS CHICKENS!

Thanks, Anna, for stopping by! 

Cheers, 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment