Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Simple Season: Fall On the V Side


I've made no secret that I love everything about fall... I love the feel of it, the smell of it, and I love decorating for it.
But this year, I don't know if it's managing the life change from one kiddo to two, or things ramping up at work, or heck, maybe I'm just needing a good dose of simplicity in the middle of this crazy life.
Whatever it is, this year is definitely a scaled-back version of decorating for the change in the seasons.
Things are pared down.
Just a few touches here and there.
And I like it.
I can breathe a little better.

So normally this time of year I'd be putting together a full tablescape to blog about... from the place setting to the centerpiece yadda yadda yadda.
But hmmm.  Here's my table today:




Yep, that's it.
Just a simple bowl with pumpkins and leftover corn husks from my corn husk wreath.
I got crazy fancy ;) and layered a grain sack runner over a longer ticking stripe one for a little dimension.  Oooohhh.  Aaaahhhhhh.  ;)

Sure, there are a few extra touches of fall around the house these days ... but nothing like in years past.

My fall mantle is as basic as they come... I maybe added 4 things this year?
 Jute-wrapped leaves hug a couple candles..
 A bird or two are perched around...
 And there's maybe a deer living in my house.
OR just an antler.
(which is pretty sweet, by the way - a friend collects antlers on his property that the deer shed themselves.  This one you can see all the whittled notches where the deer scraped it along the trees.
Nature is cool. :) )

 And of course the DIY Corn Husk Wreath frames it all.

But that's it.  It's clean.  It's way simple.
And I'm totally OK with that.
I'm liking the lack of clutter.

And that just means there will be less to put away when it's time for the annual Christmas Explosion at my house following Thanksgiving ;)

Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Catch as Catch Can
A2Z

3 comments:

  1. It looks really good! I love the corn husk wreath. I am a fan of simplicity, too - especially right before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hosting an It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. I would love for you to share this, and any other Fall projects you have! Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Simple and sweet! Happy fall : )

    ReplyDelete