When we built, there was a miscommunication with our builder, and instead of the rich, warm white painted trim we wanted, we got a builder basic blonde stain.We weren't happy.
Instead of owning up to the problem, the builder said they'd be happy to fix it... for just a couple thousand dollars. Say What?!.
Long story short, after all the other things surrounding our builder at the time (they're now out of business) we (I) muttered a bunch of curse words under my breath,
and agreed we would just live with it. I knew it was something we could do on our own down the road.
When we finished our basement a year and a half ago, we did the trim how we had wanted the whole house.
I loved it so much and I knew that I was done "living with it."
I also knew that taking on two floors and 2,000+ square feet of trim was a HUGE task, so I decided to bite off small parts at a time, and simply update a room here, a room there, eventually completing the whole house.
I started with The Redhead's Room - I figured I was doing that room from top to bottom, so I might as well start on the ground floor.
From there I did the Kitchen, Laundry Room, then updated CB's Nursery, the upstairs bathroom, the Landing, etc.
And now, save the Master Bedroom + Bath, I'm pretty much finished!
It's been time-consuming for sure, but I've been able to work at my own pace, and the payoff has been so worth it for me! I really, really love the changes, and how light and bright things feel!
The fresh trim is such a small element, but it makes a big impact on the overall room!
The last couple times I've mentioned updating trim in a post, I've gotten one or two emails from people requesting details about the color and product I've used.
If you're interested, here you go:
It's a custom color from Sherwin Williams, from the ProClassic line.
Here's the color formula:
Funny how much a little paint can brighten up a room!
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday