Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ballard-Inspired DIY Mini Chair Wreath [for under $5!]



Now that we've enjoyed Thanksgiving, I've been slowly bringing elements of Christmas to our house.
In looking for inspiration for this year's decor, I found myself coming back time and again to this set of mini wreaths from Ballard:

via Ballard Designs

More specifically, I loved the idea of individual wreaths hanging on chairs.
And even though $39 for a set of 4 is a decent price, there is shipping and tax tacked on to that... and I thought I could do it myself for a better price.


Your supply list is pretty basic:

- Small Grapevine Wreaths
(I got mine in the Dollar Spot at Target, but they also have these at the Dollar Store)
- Dried Eucalyptus Bunch - I prefer the look of bay leaf wreaths and garland rather than boxwood, so I used eucalyptus to create that look.  You should use whatever you like best.
(Hobby Lobby - $7.99, but use the 40% off coupon for a better deal)
- Floral wire
(You can buy this pretty much anywhere - Hobby Lobby, WalMart, Joann - for about $2-$3)

To make the wreaths, simply take pieces of the eucalyptus and secure it around the wreath with the floral wire.  Just use an old pair of scissors to cut the wire - you don't need to use tin snips or wire cutters or anything.

When you twist the wire to secure it, either trim off the ends or  simply tuck those "tails" back into the wreath itself.  You can manipulate the leaves to hide the handiwork.




I put this guy together in less than 10 minutes.  Tie him to the chair back with some burlap ribbon (or whatever you want, really) and your chairs have officially been Christmasified! (yep, that's a word now.) :)


I made 4 wreaths, and even paying full price it would still work out to only $3.50 each.  Since I used coupons, they amount to even less!

My chairs are definitely feeling in the holiday spirit! :)


Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest


Catch as Catch Can
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
HOH

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a lover of wreathes but I totally dig these. I know I've got all the makings for these mini wreaths in the back yard. Thinking of rosemary or laurel. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i love these! so pretty- i like the longer leaves on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love one of these for my front door! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete