Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Craft Fail

In my world, everything is just a coat of paint away from perfection.
Also in my world: Unicorns exist.

I found a set of chargers last year at Wal-Mart on post-Christmas Mega Sale.  For a mere 24-cents each.
At that point, I didn't even care if they were red.  They were so cheap I new I could just give them a couple coats of a pretty metallic silver or gold and they would be perfect for my Christmas table. 




So, I went to work.
Looking good, right?

WRONG.

Can't see it?  Let me zoom in for you!

Nastiness.
Apparently, there ARE materials out there that don't care to be spraypainted.  AND, no matter how much primer you use or how many coats of paint you waste, your beautiful color will simply
slide off, leaving you with what *would* have been a super bargain... actually ends up being a giant FAIL and a waste of time and resources.

Luckily, I found the perfect place to "store" these, um, lovely creations:




And not to worry, my Christmas table won't be sans pretty chargers - I always keep a Mom with good taste around, so I can borrow hers ;)

And until then, I'll keep chasing anything that will stand still with a can of spraypaint.

Just keepin' it real..

Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Doh! I hate it when that happens! I went through about 6 cans on 2 flower pots...same thing happened...used them anyway. Nice blog...love your humor!

    ReplyDelete