Thursday, April 4, 2013

DIY Updated Hurricanes



When I was putting together my recent post about updates in the basement, I came across this little project that I had totally forgotten about.

Back before we had even started finishing the basement, I had snagged these simple glass cylinders on mega-clearance at Pier 1, convinced that I would/could somehow use them once it was finished.


Fast forward to after the basement was finished…..and, nope.
Just wasn’t working for me.
[the picture’s kind of blurry but you get the idea]

 Unadorned, the cylinders were reading just too contemporary for the casual, relaxed space.

I played with other things to fill them with, but nothing was working out.
Until I made a trip to Target and it hit me:

 
I was admiring these hurricanes from the Nate Berkus collection and thought “I could totally do this myself.  I just need a plain glass hurric…wait a minute!!!!!”

Thanks Nate Berkus!

So once I got home, I snagged some jute rope that I knew I had buried somewhere in the basement, and got to wrappin’.

I added some candles that I already had, and 10 minutes later, I had a rustic, textured set of hurricanes that worked perfectly in the space!


Gotta love that.



Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest


TDC

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! I think those hurricanes are perfect because you can change 'em up so much whenever you feel like it. The rope is a great touch.

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! Just pinned. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. :)

    ReplyDelete