Thursday, April 11, 2013

These Eyes Have Seen A Miracle.. [Remove Water Rings & Restore Wood Finish]




Hal.Le.Lu.Jah.

I have witnessed a miracle and I'm here to tell y'all about it.

I have this chest that we use as an end table. 
 I got it for a SONG years ago from Pier 1 - it was hugely marked down for what the clerk said was "water damage".
 See those little dots across the top?  That's what they called "damage".
I thought it looked weathered, so I didn't mind.  But over time, we used and abused this piece, and a few misplaced glasses from parties here, a drippy sippy cup or two there, and all of a sudden, this cool piece had REAL water damage.
 I have been DREADING having to sand down the top and restain it.  So, when I saw this product hanging out on the shelf on a recent trip to Home Depot, I figured it was at least worth a shot if it would save me that pain in the patoot.
 I just followed the directions on the back of the can.  Seriously, Restor-a-finish couldn't be easier.
Are you ready for this?
Clean the surface.  Wipe on.  Wipe off the excess.
Let dry.  DONE.
 It sounded too good to be true, but check this out:
 I KNOW, RIGHT???

Take a good look here:
[yikes!]


I used NO OTHER PRODUCT other than the Restor-a-Finish.  I didn't sand, didn't condition, and didn't have to go through the lengthy staining process.  I just cleaned the surface, used the product and called it a day.  I was floored by the results!
It's a miracle.  Of epic water ring proportions.

And just for the record, I was not asked to review this product, nor was I compensated in any way for this post.  I found the product, tried it of my own volition, and will happily vouch for its success to anyone who will listen. :)

Cheers,

Follow Me on Pinterest


TDC

1 comment:

  1. I have also used Restore-a-finish with great success, but have found over the years that it has to be "recoated" every few months! This is especially true of the Oak one used on those cheap oak vanities in bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete