Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Simple Update [Nameplate Frames]


I’ve had these frames up on the wall above the magnet board for about a year, and I use them to showcase the girls’ artwork.  

 I love having kid-created art all around, and putting it in a frame looks nice, and it also gives the kiddos a sense of pride at their art being “displayed” beyond just tacked to the fridge – The Redhead thinks this is hot stuff.
When I saw how happy she was to show off her grand masterpiece in the frame, I thought I’d kick it up a notch and give things an even more ‘professional’ (well, as professional as one can get in our house of crazy) feel.


I had these card holders in the drawer from forever ago… so long, in fact, that I can’t even remember the original project I bought them for.  I do remember that they are meant for scrapbooking, and were pretty cheap for a pack of different sizes.

I didn’t want them to be permanently attached, in case I changed my mind down the road, so I just used glue dots to stick them to the glass, then added the girls’ names to their creations.

And… that’s it!  About 2 minutes and less than $4 later: Welcome to our “Gallery.” : )



Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. We have lots of kiddo art in our family room. I love the bright colors and creative passion they have! Makes for much more exciting colors and designs than store bought prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I love anything personalized, and this is no exception! Well done! Thanks so much for linking up to my project party!

    ReplyDelete