Thursday, June 27, 2013

Let's Be Honest [natural cleaning supplies]


A home with these two crazies

and this big beast –


...sorry, I mean this big beast ;) – gets messy.  

 


And with all the grubby handprints touching everything and food flying out of a highchair to God-knows-where, our house goes from clean to feelin’ filthy in about a nanosecond.  
So I never thought I would say it, but cleaning has become super important to me 
(yes Mom, I totally just said that. :) ).
Specifically, cleaning with products that won’t leave my kiddos sucking on chemical-laden fingers and won’t poison my pooch.

I mentioned a few months back that I was giving some new home and family products a try.  By no means am I giving up my beloved Shaklee, but I am really loving The Honest Company products as companion pieces for having a clean home without overloading on harsh chemicals.

This is the company that was started by Jessica Alba.  I’ll admit, at first I was skeptical.  
All I could see her as the dingy mean girl from “Never Been Kissed” 


and I figured the company was just something for her to put her name on, like a celebrity fragrance.  That’s actually far from the truth, and the company really goes above and beyond to ensure their products are as natural and eco-friendly as possible, as well as being something you want to use (they smell great, aren’t harsh on your hands and even the packaging is cute.)

You can order products individually, and while you need to be a registered member to order, membership is free.  I actually subscribe to their bundling service, which is great and it ends up saving you money on all their products.  I receive the Family Essentials bundle, which is a mix of home and baby products (they also have a separate bundle for diapers/just baby products). 

You can choose how frequently you want your bundles – every 4, 6 or eight weeks.  I am on the 6 week rotation and that seems to be just right for us.  


Each rotation, I get to choose 5 products for my order – ANY 5 products – and the price/shipping never changes.  If I want to add products to the order I can add up to 3, and I’ll receive a 25% discount on those “+3” products.  I include my dishwasher and laundry pods in every order, and I’ve never had to run out to the store because I’ve run out of them (which used to happen a LOT, haha).

If you check out the honest website, you’ll see they are very transparent with what their products do – and do not – contain.  I’ve been a subscriber since just after Christmas and I have yet to be disappointed in a product.  AND, they sent me some of their awesome organic lip balm for Mother’s Day, just ‘cause they’re nice like that. :)

So I’ll be Honest – I’m not getting compensated for this post.  No one asked me to write it.  No one asked me to try the products in the first place.  I’m just sharing stuff I like because I like hearing about it when others share cool stuff that works for them.

If you’re interested in giving The Honest Company a try, go HERE.  You can even order a free trial of products and all you pay is the shipping.  I “honestly” think you’ll love it. (tired of the puns yet? ;) )

Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment