Monday, July 8, 2013

Easy Curtain Update


I’m one of those people who can’t leave well enough alone when it comes to my home. : )

9.9 times out of 10, I will guarantee you that how a room looks right after any transformation is still several “tweaks” away from how it will end up.

Lately I’ve been tweaking some of the bedrooms, and I totally had a ‘duh’ moment the other day after I saw what this simple, FREE update did to The Redhead’s room.

I love the light, girly color palette in her room, but I wanted to infuse more of it; things were feeling a little sparse.  

I love the green, but you can see from this view, with the green gingham duvet, the green lampshade and green drapes as well, I needed a little more variety. 
 I made a purple runner for the nightstand (you can kind of see it above), and I liked the punch of color it provided.


I remembered that I had some of that fabric left in my scrap pile, so I snagged it and went to work. 
I cut strips of the fabric (I don’t even know how long mine are – I just eyeballed them.  Long or short will work – it’s totally just a matter of personal preference) and flagged the ends to give it a more finished look.


Then I just hopped up on a stool and tied them to the curtain rings.
Yup, that’s it!  
I tied two strips to each ring, but I think if I had more fabric I might add a third on each for a fuller look.  But for now, I’m happy.
It’s a project that took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish, and adds a fun pop of color to a room for a fun little girl! :)


Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

  1. Love how that turned out! Great color combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple and cute way to change things up! Would be great for an apartment if you had just plain, low-cost curtains and wanted to add a little style to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this but where are all of Red's toys?!!! My girls have enough stuffed animals to stock Toy R Us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What a simple, but absolutely brilliant update for the curtains!

    ReplyDelete