Friday, July 26, 2013

Hey, It's Summer!

Hey there!
So....  Blogging.  Right.
OK, so I know the posting lately has been thin.  Or sporadic.
Or... virtually nonexistant.

And I'm sorry for that.

BUT, I promise it's not because we haven't been busy!

In addition to enjoying one of the most beautiful, perfect-weather summers we've had in a LONG time, we've got a few rather large things going on.
And I am literally chomping at the bit to share them with you!
...But they're not totally done yet.
Remember the Giant Mantle of Doom?

It's getting a face-lift and I am in loooove.
For real, it has changed the entire room, and it's not even complete.

And Mr.V?
That hunk O' man is building me a patio.
It wasn't enough that he built us a great big deck, now he's giving me a stone patio done with his own two hands.
We brainstormed the design and collaborated on the choice of pavers, but that's all I can take credit for.  100% of the manual labor is Mr. V. and I'm so grateful he's so handy.

Note to women:  marry a farmboy.  You won't regret it! ;)
And while the patio is a work in progress right now, it's going to be super and I can't wait to break it in
(and finally be rid of the tarp that has been covering this spot of yard for :::coughtwoyearscough::
 We're totally those neighbors.
Whoops.

So we have two major projects underway, I'm trying to keep up with my regular small touches and crafty nonsense, and then add in swimming lessons, gymnastics, field trips, full-time jobs and some good old fashioned family and neighborhood summer fun, and you've got one heck of a packed schedule.


So I'll be plugging away to get some things finished to share with you - just promise you'll still love me if posting is a little scatterbrained for a bit yet, m'kay?
I still love you bunches.  Promise.

And in the meantime, I'll still be pinning away on Pinterest, and I'm still trying to get the hang of this Instagram thing.
OH!  And I have had quite a few questions from those of you interested in learning more about the Honest Company products - you can find the post I wrote about them HERE, and if you are interested in giving the natural products a try for yourself, go HERE to sign up (creating an account is required to browse the site, but don't worry, it's free).

I will be back soon with some more projects to share.
Have a great weekend!



 Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment