Friday, February 28, 2014

Decorating Myths & Breaking the Rules


Making your house feel like your home shouldn’t be a chore, and it shouldn’t be stressful.

Lately I’ve been finding a lot of people asking about the “rules” or saying things like: 
“I would love to do ____, but you’re not supposed to do that, right?”
That breaks my heart.   
We all have these preconceived notions about what we are “supposed” to do when it comes to home decor, and that's a load of poo.
Here's the only rule I think you should follow:
DO WHAT YOU LIKE.
Well, I love when I come across things that just seem to click. I came across this from Yorkshire Linen, busting the "Seven Myths of Home Decor."  I love how they are shooting down decorating "rules" and encouraging people to infuse their homes with their own personal style.
“The Rules” be damned! : )

 
(UPDATE: I just noticed that this image may be reading wonky on some browsers.
It looks fine on mine, but if for some reason it's cutting off on yours, go ahead and click through to the original post - it's worth a gander.  Technical moron signing off...) 


Cheers,
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment